Legal information: terms and conditions
Greenme.ie has made every effort to ensure the accuracy of the information contained on this website.
Greenme.ie should not be regarded as an infallible guide to concerned products and services, nor does it constitute an offer or an undertaking or representation.
Greenme.ie tries to ensure that information on our site is accurate, complete and up-to-date. In using this site, however, you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions, which take effect on the date when you first used the site.
Without prejudice to your statutory rights, the site and all information, text, names, images, pictures, logo, links and icons and other materials (without limitation) are provided ‘as is’ and on an ‘is available’ basis without representation warranty or endorsement, expressed or implied.
In particular, we do not warrant or represent the accuracy or completeness of information provided on this site will be uninterrupted or error free, or that the site and its servers are free from computer viruses or bugs.
In no event will Greenme.ie be liable to any person for any damage or loss that may arise from the use of any information contained in our site or products or services displayed on our site, including, without limitation, indirect or consequential damages, or any damages whatsoever arising from use or loss of use, data, or profits, whether in action of contract, negligence or other tortuous action, arising out of or in connection with the use of the site.
Notwithstanding anything else in these terms and conditions, we will not be liable for claims relating to the functionality or availability of the site.
All rights including copyright and database right, in the website and its contents, are owned by Greenme.ie, or otherwise used by Greenme.ie as permitted by applicable law or the copyright holder.
You may not copy, broadcast or transmit any images, graphic, logo, button, icon, image and their selection and arrangement thereof, and any underlying source code and software, for any commercial or public purpose without prior written permission from Greenme.ie or the copyright holder.
You may not adapt, alter or create any of the material or information in the site or use it for any other purpose other than for personal non-commercial use. You agree to use this site only for lawful purposes.
Greenme.ie reserves the right to use for its own purposes any material submitted to the site, including text and images, either on the site or in any other form, including for publicity purposes. Greenme.ie reserves the right to monitor submissions to the site and to edit and reject any submissions.
All names, images, logos identifying Greenme.ie are proprietary marks of Greenme.ie. All third-party brand, product, service and company names contained on this site are the trademarks and trade names of their respective holders.
Greenme.ie does not give permission for their use by any person other than the holders. Any such use may constitute an infringement of the holders’ rights.
Greenme.ie does not represent, warrant, endorse or hold responsibility over any external sites that may be linked to and from this site. Any external sites that you visit by clicking through a link on this site are outside the control of Greenme.ie and you visit entirely at your own risk.
Price and payment
1. Please contact Greenme.ie for our rate card. The information on that page forms part of this Agreement. These subscription prices may be varied from time to time. Any increase in prices for the service will be shown on the rate card and will be effective from the date of posting.
2. All prices quoted are exclusive of VAT.
3. You shall pay all sums due to us under this Agreement by the means of the payment specified in our website and without any set-off, deduction, counterclaim and/or any other withholding of monies.
4. No payment or refund will be given to you for any downtime in respect of the service or for your inability to access the service due to technical problems beyond our control.
1. All Premium Membership subscriptions automatically renew during the last day of the subscription term which is about to lapse. The relevant amount will be debited from your account or charged to the credit card used for your original transaction.
In the case of you taking advantage of a reduced price special offer, the product will auto renew at the ‘standard’ price of that product at the time of taking the first subscription. This continues until you decide to cancel the automatic renewal.
Renewal cancellation can only be effected up to one day prior to the end of the current term of your subscription.
2. The price for your subscription will be charged to the credit card used for your original transaction.
3. Should your original subscription be by direct debit, automatic renewal shall occur and your account will be debited following notification.
GREENME.IE COMPETITION TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. These terms and conditions together with any specific rules set out in Competition Notices (as defined below) are the Competition Rules (“Rules”) and apply to competitions on the GreenMe.ie “Sites” (www.ethicalpaddy.ie (“Competition”), unless otherwise expressly stated. By entering a Competition, entrants agree to be bound by these Rules.
2. The Competition is organised by GreenMe.
3. Rules specific to each Competition are displayed in a notice on the page for such Competition (“CompetitionNotice”) and are incorporated into the in the Legal Section.
4. GreenMe.ie reserves the right to cancel or amend the Competition or the Rules without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside GreenMe.ie’s reasonable control. Any changes will be posted either within these terms and conditions or the Competition Notice.
5. In the event of any dispute regarding the Rules, conduct, results and all other matters relating to a Competition, the decision of GreenMe.ie shall be final and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into.
6. Employees of GreenMe.ie or any company involved in the Competition or, if relevant, production of a television programme to which a Competition relates, or any advertising agency or web company connected with GreenMe.ie or any such person’s subsidiary or associated companies, agents or members of their families or households, are not eligible to enter the Competition.
7. Additional eligibility requirements may apply to a specific Competition, e.g. a valid passport, visas and/or driver’s licence will be required if the Competition prize includes travel outside the Ireland and/or car hire. These will be set out in the Competition Notice.
8. By entering the Competition, you hereby warrant that all information submitted by you is true, current and complete. GreenMe.ie reserves the right to verify the eligibility of all entrants.
9. The address you provide with your competition entry (“Entry”) will be used to send any prizes so please make sure this is correct. You are not entitled to enter the Competition if you are resident in a country or jurisdiction (Republic of Ireland) where the Competition may breach any law or regulation. Where this applies, GreenMe.ie’s invitation to enter the Competition in such country and/or jurisdiction is withdrawn.
10. Where a Competition is open to all age groups, GreenMe.ie assumes that by using the website and entering the Competition (and you warrant that) you are aged 18 or over or, if you are under 18, that your parents have consented to your entry into the Competition and these Rules. If a Competition is only open to a certain age group (e.g. 18 and over), this will be set out in the Competition Notice and GreenMe.ie assumes that by entering the Competition (and you warrant that) you are the appropriate age to enter the Competition).
11. GreenMe.ie reserves the right to disqualify any entrant if it has reasonable grounds to believe the entrant has breached any of the Rules.
12. In the event that any entrant is disqualified from the Competition, GreenMe.ie in its sole discretion may decide whether a replacement should be selected. In this event, any further entrant will be selected on the same criteria as the original entrant and will be subject to these Rules.
13. Only one entry per person is allowed. Where a winner has been selected and GreenMe.ie discovers or has reasonable grounds to believe the winner has used any software or automated process either to answer questions or to make bulk entries, GreenMe.ie may select an alternative winner. Any further winner will be selected on the same criteria as the original winner and will be subject to these Rules.
14. There is no purchase requirement to enter a Competition and there is no charge to register for use of the website.
15. Proof of posting or emailing cannot be accepted as proof of delivery. GreenMe.ie cannot accept responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft, destruction, alteration of or unauthorised access to Entries, or Entries lost, damaged or delayed as a result of server functions, technical issues, virus, bugs or other causes outside GreenMe.ie’s control.
16. Entrants should note that unless stated otherwise, GreenMe.ie does not accept responsibility for the return of any Entries, including those consisting of artistic or other material.
17. Prize winners will be chosen at random unless specified otherwise in the Competition Notice, from all qualifying Entries within 28 days of the closing date specified in the Competition Notice. Tie-breakers will be judged by GreenMe.ie and, if required by law, by an independent adjudicator. In all matters, the decision of the judge(s) and GreenMe.ie shall be final and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into.
18. Claims for prizes must be made in the manner and within the time specified on the Competition Notice. Failure to claim a prize within this time or in the manner specified may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner.
19. Prizes are non-transferable and there is no cash alternative. GreenMe.ie reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value at any time.
20. Prizes are awarded at GreenMe.ie’s discretion and no prizes will be awarded as a result of improper actions by or on behalf of any entrant. Where Entries are being judged on creative or artistic merit or other subjective criteria, GreenMe.ie and/or the Competition judges (acting reasonably) reserve the right not to select a winner, and/or to remove or amend selection criteria and/or the structure and operation of the Competition if Entries are not of the requisite standard.
21. Where a prize may not be appropriate for a younger contestant, the minimum age for entry will be stated in the Competition Notice and must be observed. GreenMe.ie reserves the right to request written proof of age of any winner.
22. All taxes, insurances, transfers, spending money and other expenses (including meals or personal expenses upgrades etc.) as the case may be, unless specifically stated, are the sole responsibility of the prize winner.
Intellectual Property Rights & Use of Entries
23. GreenMe.ie does not, unless we agree this with you, claim any rights of ownership in your Entry. As such, you retain ownership of your Entry and, although GreenMe.ie will be able to use Entries as set out in the Rules, you will also have the right to use your Entry in any way you choose. Where any Entry is to be used in a different way (e.g. we are asking to own this) this will be made clear on the website and you will then be able to choose whether to enter the Competition. If you win a prize, as a condition to receipt of that prize, you may be required to sign a release form (in GreenMe.ie’s then current standard form) in connection with the prize-winning submission.
24. In consideration of GreenMe.ie agreeing to consider entrants to the Competition, each entrant hereby agrees that GreenMe.ie (and third parties authorised by GreenMe.ie) may make any and all Entries available on the website and any other media, whether now known or invented in the future, which may include other internet sites, mobile, television and/or radio and that Entries may be made available with advertising and/or sponsorship. You now grant GreenMe.ie (and third parties authorised by GreenMe.ie) a non-exclusive, worldwide, irrevocable licence (for the full period of any rights in the Entry) to use, display, publish, transmit, copy, make derivative works or podcasts from, edit, alter, store, re-format, sell and sub-licence the Entry for such purposes.
25. GreenMe.ie does not guarantee to use or otherwise make available any Entry. GreenMe.ie may also, in appropriate circumstances, and at its sole discretion, reject, edit, remove or disable access to Entries that appear to be legally or otherwise problematic e.g. infringe the copyright or other intellectual property or privacy rights of others, are defamatory etc. or for any other reason.
26. Your Entry and any information submitted by you must be personal to and relate specifically to you. You hereby warrant that your Entry and all information which you submit and/or distribute will not infringe the intellectual property, privacy or any other rights of any third party, and will not contain anything which is libellous, defamatory, obscene, indecent, harassing or threatening. If relevant, GreenMe.ie reserves the right, but not the obligation, to screen, filter and/or monitor information provided by you and to edit, refuse to distribute or remove the same.
27. GreenMe.ie cannot accept any responsibility for any damage, loss, injury or disappointment suffered by any entrant entering the Competition or as a result of accepting any prize. GreenMe.ie is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment or software, failure of any email or entry to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet, telephone lines or at any web site, or any combination of these, including any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer or mobile telephone related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in the Competition. Nothing shall exclude GreenMe.ie’s liability for death or personal injury as a result of its negligence.
Data Protection and Publicity
28. Winners may be requested to take part in promotional activity and GreenMe.ie reserves the right to use the names and addresses of winners, their photographs and audio and/or visual recordings of them in any publicity.
30. The Competition and Rules will be governed by Irish law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the Republic of Ireland.
How to contact us
31. You can contact us in relation to any Competition by writing to [Name of Competition], GreenMe.ie, Guernika House, Main Street, Bundoran, Co. Donegal
Current competition Rules
Ethical Paddy Competition – Terms & Conditions
The closing date for entries to the Ethical Paddy Competition is currently 6pm on Friday 11 December, 2009.
If the Ethical Paddy / Volvo DrivE competition fails to meet the entry quota of 50 or more valid video applications, GreenMe management and the sponsors of the campaign reserve the right to extend the closing date forthwith. In effect the competition will run until such time as this quota is reached. In the event that the application quota is not reached be the end of 2009, the competition will not be validated and will therefore be terminated.
The competition is open to GreenMe.ie members only. The competition is open to residents of Ireland only. There is no age limit. No close friends, partners or relatives of GreenMe staff members can enter the competition.
On condition that the competition reaches validation point, the prize winner is currently scheduled to be announced at Electric Picnic 2009 in the Global Green area on Saturday evening (5th September) at 6pm. Therefore either the entrant or a representative nominated by the entrant has to be available to attend the prize giving ceremony. Tickets will be given to the top 3 contestants who will be informed by phone on or before Tuesday 1st September.
By entering this competition all participants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by the rules. All entry instructions form part of the rules.
Entries will become the property of GreenMe.ie. Entry into the competition is deemed as agreement to take part in publicity accompanying or resulting from the competition.
Contestants must compile an original video. No borrowed or commercially commissioned videos will be accepted. This must be the contestant’s original idea.
The overall winner will receive a Volvo S40 DRIVe. Please note standard delivery times will apply.
A shortlist of the best video entrants will be chosen by the GreenMe team. This shortlist will be updated on an on-going basis on the GreenMe site. This shortlist will be open to public vote by GreenMe end users.
GreenMe will announce the voting timelines by email and on our homepage once the Ethical Paddy competition has been validated (please see conditions above).